13th UNESCO-APEID International Conference
World Bank-KERIS High Level Seminar on ICT in Education
ICT Transforming Education
15-17 November 2009
Hangzhou, People’s Republic of China
ICT can transform education!
The 13th UNESCO-APEID International Conference, in conjunction with the World Bank-KERIS High Level Seminar on ICT in Education, emphasizes the powerful role ICT can play in changing the way we teach and learn. This Conference will provide a forum to explore, identify and synergize innovative approaches for harnessing the potential of ICT to increase the reach and quality of education.
The organizers – the Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development (APEID) of UNESCO in Bangkok, the National Commission of the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO, the World Bank and the Korea Education and Research Information Service (KERIS) – invite papers on the following topics:
- Developing ICT in Education Policies and National Master Plans
- Promoting Effective Management and Applications of ICT in Schools
- Improving Quality and Efficiency of Higher Education through ICT
- Enhancing Innovations in Open and Distance Learning
- Preparing the Next Generation of Teachers
- Using ICT to Promote Literacy and Life-long Learning
- Monitoring and Measuring Impact of ICT in Education
Submit English abstracts, no longer than 200 words, on forms available from the Conference website at http://www.unescobkk.org/education/apeid/conference/china by 1 August 2009.
The Opening Ceremony will be held at the Zhejiang People’s Grand Conference Hall in Hangzhou. All other sessions will take place at the Zhejiang International Hotel.
International participants US$ 350
Early bird* US$ 250
Group registration** US$ 250 each
* Payment for early bird must reach the Conference Secretariat by 31 August 2009
** For 5 or more individuals from the same organization/institution
Send bank draft payable to “UNESCO”
UNESCO-APEID International Conference Secretariat
920 Sukhumvit Road
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Submission of abstracts 1 August 2009
Payment for early bird registration 31 August 2009
For more information and to register for the Conference, visit http://www.unescobkk.org/education/apeid/conference/china.